Hikvision Network Design with Hikvision Switches
The Hikvision Network Design with Hikvision Switches course focuses on using Hikvision switches in a video security network while covering industry standards used by all switches. The course will cover how a switch functions, the configuration of the switch for best performance as well learning how to troubleshoot network issues. Building upon the knowledge gained from the Network Fundamentals course, students will learning to use subnet masks to create smaller networks used in VLANs. Network design will focus on providing the best performance within a stand-alone video network or one added to an existing network with the implementation of Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN). Basic troubleshooting tools will be used evaluate network performance and find issues.
- Understand switches function in the network
- Configure switches in hands-on lab
- Understand and configure Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) for redundant network connections
- Understand and configure Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Understand and configure ports for speed, duplex mode, port mirroring and long-range mode
- Understand Power over Ethernet and configuration
- Understand and configure VLANs
- Understand and design IP addressing schemes using subnet masks.
- Understand the requirements for routing between VLANs
- Configure Link Aggregation for multiple connections between connected switches
- Understand and configure Trunk ports for VLAN tagging
Course duration: 8 hours
Course includes lecture, demonstrations and live hands-on labs with Hikvision cameras, software and systems in the virtual classroom.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to design and implement a single layer network and VLAN network for small to medium networks. The students will be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and fix the most common network issues found in small networks.
Audience: This course is designed for anyone who needs build networks used in today’s video security networks. Anyone from sales to technicians that sell, implement, or support IP cameras, NVRs, or access control systems within the network would benefit by learning the terminology and functions of the network switches.